Lockdown learning: Free online PR training
SK Copy Co offers two main services, copywriting and PR.
Both copywriting and PR are rapidly-evolving industries. Copywriting’s constantly shifting and being shaped by elements, such as search. As for PR, it’s always been a fast-paced profession, even more so now because of the whole online element.
Never stop learning
It pays to be up to speed on the latest updates and ahead of the curve when it comes to implementing the latest developments. However, it can be difficult to stay on top of everything when there are new announcements pretty much every day and you’re flat out busy with work.
The current lockdown situation is far from ideal, but it does present the ideal opportunity to catch up with all of the latest learnings. I’ve been using the downtime to brush up on my skills and knowledge over the last few days, starting with online content training.
However, it doesn’t make sense for me to perfect my writing and not my PR skills, so I’ve been focusing on that in recent days too. Here’s a list of the PR training I’ve found:
Free online PR training courses:
- CIPR, ‘Web Essentials for PR.’ Register here
- There’s also the CIPR ‘PR Copywriting’ webinar. Book your place
- While it’s not specifically classed as training, CIPR Midlands’ has created a ‘Communicating in a Crisis’ eguide. Download your free copy
- PR Moment, ‘The Intersection of Paid, Owned and Earned Media.’ Find out more
- The PRCA is offering self-employed and PR professionals made redundant because of COVID-19 six months’ free membership. Once signed up, you can book on to a free webinar of your choice (worth up to £120+VAT)
- The Google News Initiative is real minefield of interesting and useful journalism-related learning. Take a look
- Udemy, ‘Social Media Monitoring.’ Read the course outline
- Coursera, ‘Viral Marketing and How to Craft Contagious Content.’ Find out more
- SEO Training by Moz. This is what you’ll learn
- ‘What’s Up Social?’ This three-day event has been billed as being the best of social media in 23 talks – sounds impressive. Book your slot
- Cision ‘State of the Media’ live UK webinar. Register now
Are there any online PR training sessions you’ve spotted that aren’t on the list? Let me know by emailing me at email@example.com.
The power of PR
Never has PR been so important in enabling businesses to communicate their latest changes, updates and developments to audiences and stakeholders, as well as stay visible during these challenging times.
Post-pandemic, when the dust starts to settle, companies will want to make up for lost time and stand out from the competition even more. As it’s always been, PR will be one of those tools that will enable them to generate widespread awareness and position themselves as thought leaders in their field.
Happy learning and stay safe.