Have you been meaning to do some online learning, but have been too bogged down with work to find the time to do it?
If you’re anything like me, then you’ll already have a long list of learning links you’d like to have a go at.
You may be furloughed right now or you could be in the same situation as me; having to find ways to keep yourself busy while you wait for your workload to pick up again. Either way, using the downtime to brush up on your content skills, is an incredibly useful and positive way of spending the next few weeks.
If this is what you have in mind, then check out this list of online content courses, which I’ve compiled over the last few days. The sessions cover some of the basics of content writing, as well as more advanced insight and techniques.
New courses are popping up every day, so I’ll keep adding to this list as and when I see something new (feel free to send me an email with any training you see too):
- Contently, How to Collaborate on Content in a Fully Remote World. Access the on-demand webinar
- Contently also runs a Content Strategy Series Course. Sign up for it
- Janet Murray’s Soulful PR podcast may have PR in the title, but the show covers lots of useful content strategy and implementation tips too. Listen now
- Understanding Google Analytics is key to writing copy that ranks well for search. Master the basics with Google’s Analytics Academy courses
- Google also has its Digital Garage training sessions, one of which includes ‘Promote a Business with Content’
- ProCopywriters regularly hosts learning webinars. This is what they have coming up…
- There’s a whole host of courses and videos on LinkedIn Learning, which you can access for free for one month. This link will take you to the content-related learning section
- The SEO Sleuth Challenge from Natalie Alleblas (which I’m currently taking part in) promises to transform your SEO insight in just five days. Sign up here
- It may have already happened, but AnswerThePublic is a real force to be reckoned with, and the platform’s first webinar, ‘How to Use Search Data to Read People’s Minds and Make Better Business Decisions’, was a massive hit. Listen to it now
Have I missed anything? Let me know so that I can make this list as useful as possible – email me at email@example.com.
In the meantime, things may be incredibly challenging right now and you may well be finding it difficult to stay focused if you haven’t got much work on.
Now’s the time to make sure your content is king
Don’t waste this downtime.
Businesses – turn it to your advantage by using it to improve your offering for when the crisis is over and everybody wants to raise their profile and use compelling content to connect with their audiences and generate leads. And fellow writers – use it to perfect your writing and offer more services.
Keep learning and stay safe all.
PS: Fancy doing some more online learning? Check out this blog, ‘Lockdown learning: Free online PR training.‘